Centre for Autism, Neuro-Developmental Disorders and Intellectual Disability
Launched in 2018, CANDDID is a centre of excellence which brings together, education, training and research in the fields of neuro-developmental disorders and intellectual disabilities.
CANDDID is based in Chester, Cheshire and hosted by CWP. We are a specialist healthcare provider of mental health, learning disability and community physical health services.
We are excited to announce our first annual conference.
10th May 2019: The Double Tree Hilton Hotel, Chester
The first CANDDID Annual Conference will focus on 'Autism Spectrum Conditions' and we have planned an exciting and informative programme.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Ian Davidson, Consultant Psychiatrist and National Champion on Autism for the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Dougal Julian Hare, Reader in Clinical Psychology and Research Director, South Wales DClinPsy Programme, Cardiff University
- Dr Teresa Tavassoli, Lecturer in Developmental Psychology, University of Reading
- Prof Taj Nathan, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and University of Chester
Discussion topics cover a wide range of areas including:
- Neurodevlopmental co-morbidities in Autism
- Suicide and Autism Specturm Conditions
- Using Mindfulness in Therapeutic Situations
- Working with Families in Supporting Children with Autism
- Engaging service users and carers in Research
- Sensory Reactivity
Further details on the programme, speakers and how to book will appear soon, in the meantime please register your interest by clicking here.