Become a member
Foundation Trusts are based on being a 'membership organisation' and it is to these members that our services are ultimately accountable.
The members - people from the local communities that we serve, our staff and service users - elect representatives to become Governors.
The Governors work with our Board of Directors to agree the future plans of the organisation. They also decide who to appoint as the chairperson and non-executive directors of the Foundation Trust.
Who can join?
Anyone aged 11 years old and over who has an interest in the work of CWP can become a member of the Trust. Members can get involved in helping us to elect our governors and receive information and attend events to help shape and develop services in the Trust.
Having a large and vibrant membership helps us to:
- ensure that there is local involvement in different aspects of service development;
- challenge the stigma associated with mental illness, learning disabilities and drug and alcohol problems
- have a bigger ‘voice’ to support further investment in the services we provide
If you become a member of CWP you are helping to support a wide variety of local services, including Adult Mental Health Services, Substance Misuse Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Learning Disability Services and Physical Health Services.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in the decisions we make and to influence the way in which we plan and develop our services. Members can work with us to inform us of their needs and of the services our local communities would like us to deliver.
How to join
If you would like to speak to someone about becoming a member or for support with the form, please contact 01244 397393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download a membership form to complete and return to us.
Benefits of joining
The benefits of being a member of CWP include:
- Have more of a say in how the Trust is governed
- Help to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Shape the development of high quality health services for local people
- Take part in a range of events
- Volunteer within the Trust
- Vote in Governor elections
- Stand for election as a governor
- Qualify for NHS Discounts on gym membership, hotel accommodation and more
Members receive a quarterly newsletter from CWP called Life which includes information about the work of the Trust, events they can attend and updates on service developments, volunteering opportunities and patient and public involvement.
How involved can I get?
We appreciate that all of our members are different and will want to have different levels of involvement with our Trust. How involved you become is completely up to you:
- You can be kept up-to-date with the latest CWP news and information.
- You can take part in discussions, workshops and focus groups about our services and how they could be developed.
- You can stand for election to sit on our Council of Governors (all of our members can vote in the elections).
Just let us know how involved you would like to be on your membership application form.
What if I need a helping hand?
If you have any additional needs that will help to make getting involved in the work of the Trust easier for you, then please let us know and we will provide tailored support so you can be fully involved to the level you wish. If you have not been involved as a member in an organisation before, let us know and again we will support you so that you can make the contribution you want.