Supporting key workers is now more important than ever. Below you will find resources, offers and toolkits that may help yourself and your staff during this time.
- How are you feeling NHS? Toolkit - this is an easy-to-use resource that was developed with NHS staff to encourage conversation in the workplace and enable us to talk openly and regularly about emotional health.
- Headspace app - Headspace is a science-backed app in mindfulness and meditation, providing unique tools and resources to help reduce stress, build resilience, and aid better sleep.
- Sleepio app - Sleepio is an app that features a clinically-evidenced sleep improvement programme that is fully automated and highly personalised, using cognitive behavioural techniques to help improve poor sleep.
- Daylight app - Daylight is an app that provides help to people experiencing symptoms of worry and anxiety, using evidence-based cognitive behavioural techniques, voice, and animation.
- Every Mind Matters website - Every Mind Matters is here to help you manage and maintain your mental health.
- “Coronavirus and your Wellbeing” guide - the charity “Mind” has produced a guide that is filled with tips and advice for supporting yourself and your colleagues with wellbeing during Coronavirus.
- Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) - Health Education England has created a free e-learning package in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) which is available to all. It includes programmes on mindfulness and mental health and wellbeing.
Keeping physically active is important for not only physical health but for mental wellbeing. The resources below can help.
- The One You website - this website highlights the importance about health and encourages you to make changes to manage and maintain mental health. You can take online quizzes to see what your heart age is and how to improve, calculate your BMI, or discover simple steps to being more healthy.
- Joe Wicks Bodycoach YouTube channel - Bodycoach, Joe Wicks, has a YouTube channel filled with exercises that you can easily do at home.
You can access the following:
- Step Change website - the Step Change website provides free advice and practical solutions on debt and how it affects you.
- The Money Charity website - the Money Charity website aims to help people to better manage their money.
- Money Saving Expert website - the Money Saving Expert website has dedicated financial information for COVID-19 including employment advice and help with finances and bills.
- The Debt Advice Foundation website - the Debt Advice Foundation is a registered national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about loans, credit and debt.
- Offers and discounts available for NHS staff - there are also national and regional discounts and offers available for NHS staff.
The NHS employers website provides advice and support for NHS employees and employers.
NHS Staff National Support Line
There is now a national NHS staff wellbeing support helpline available from 7:00am until 11:00pm seven days a week. It provides confidential listening from trained professionals and specialist advice, including coaching, bereavement care, mental health, and financial help. You can call the helpline on 0300 131 7000 or use the 24 hour text alternative by texting FRONTLINE to 85258.