Our Memory Service provides a range of services to support people with cognitive decline.
The service also:
- Actively engages with and provides support to carers
- Works closely with partner organisations in the voluntary sector (including the Alzheimer’s Society and Age UK) and statutory sectors (Social Services and Primary Care) to help improve care for people with dementia and their carers throughout their journey
- Offers pre and post diagnostic support via their team of dedicated staff, the dementia reablement team, Recovery Colleges etc.
- Has a skilled dementia outreach nurse who promptly responds to patients and carers in crisis
- Offer assessments of functioning of the patients in their own home setting and can guide/support if any adjustments are needed in the home to make it more comfortable for the living of the patient (these assessments are carried out by specialist Occupational Therapists)
The CWP Macclesfield memory service was accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists' Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP) in April 2021. MSNAP is a quality improvement and accreditation network for services that assess, diagnose and treat dementia in the UK.
The service covers areas including Macclesfield, Wilmslow, Alderley Edge, Poynton, Handforth, Disley, Bollington, Knutsford, Congleton, Holmes Chapel and surrounding areas. The service covers 23 GP surgeries + sister surgeries, 33 nursing homes, and 25 Residential Homes.
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 5.00pm