Accessing CWP services
*Please note that people visiting patients within CWP services are required to wear a face covering.* For further information please see our latest visitor guidance.
Update regarding services delivered by Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP):
In light of COVID-19, CWP is working closely with local, regional and national partners to ensure our services can continue to respond to the needs of the populations we serve:
Further to the latest measures outlined by the government, we have made some changes to our services as follows:
- Service users are accessing help and support via telephone or video-conference where possible, and receive home visits if required and in line with social distancing and Public Health England guidance;
- People with severe mental ill-health continue to be supported by the Trust’s community mental health teams.
- People requiring inpatient care are being admitted and discharged as usual – we have made changes to visiting arrangements which are detailed here. We understand that staying in touch with family and friends is important, so please continue to make contact via other means where face to face visits are not practical.
- If you or someone you care for is about to stay in hospital with us please use this checklist to help you pack a small bag. Packing your essential items is important as visiting is very limited at the hospital so additional items may not be able to be brought in. Having these things with you will help to ensure you are prepared and have all you need to be comfortable, and improve your experience whilst in hospital. It is important that items are named to help prevent loss;
- CWP continues to provide respite support for people with learning disabilities and their family/carers at our Crook Lane respite centre (Winsford). Our Thorn Heys respite centre (Wirral) remains temporarily closed. Families based in Wirral requiring access to respite will be supported via Crook Lane throughout this period. Access to transport to and from Crook Lane for the individual is available from the Trust.
- During the current COVID-19 pandemic our Children, Young people and families services will be running from select bases. Full details can be found here. In line with national guidance and to ensure appropriate social distancing our Starting Well Children's Centres have cancelled all non-urgent face to face clinics and groups. They are still continuing to support young people and families through a variety of ways including telephone, online support and face to face as required. Find out more here.
- Our top priority remains to deliver safe and effective care and we apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience that this may cause. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
If you have any questions regarding your loved one please contact the ward directly or our Patient Advice and Liaison Service via 0800 195 4462 / email@example.com.