COVID-19 - Updated visitor guidance
To help ensure we can best protect people within our services, their loved ones and CWP colleagues, we've now lifted the temporary suspension on visiting patients on our wards. Our top priority remains to deliver safe and effective care, so we ask that the below guidance is followed:
- The number of visitors is limited to one close family contact or somebody important to the patient
- Before visiting we ask you to contact the ward to discuss the most appropriate arrangements
- During your visit you are asked to maintain social distancing, wash your hands and wear a face covering at all times. A face covering is not a medical/surgical mask; face coverings can be cloth or homemade and should cover the nose and mouth of the wearer.
- Face coverings can be provided at the entrance of all our sites. Please speak to a member of staff for support
- For visitors exempt from wearing a face mask, please notify the service prior to your visit so appropriate adjustments can be made
We understand that staying in touch with family and friends is important, so please continue to make contact via other means where face to face visits are not practical.
If you or someone you care for is about to stay in hospital with us please use this checklist to help you pack a small bag. Packing your essential items is important as visiting is very limited at the hospital so additional items may not be able to be brought in.
Having these things with you will help to ensure you are prepared and have all you need to be comfortable, and improve your experience whilst in hospital. It is important that items are named to help prevent loss.
We appreciate your understanding at this time.
If you have any questions regarding your loved one please contact the ward directly or our Patient Advice and Liaison Service via 0800 195 4462 / email@example.com